Raphael Luther Guitar Lessons London.Raphael is a fantastic guitar teacher here at LGS! His friendly and relaxed guitar lessons will help to learn the guitar with speed and confidence!
Raphael Luther is an international guitarist, vocalist and songwriter based in London. Having studied a songwriting degree at the prestigious Institute of Contemporary Music Performance,Raphael achieved a Higher diploma guitar in the same school 2 year ago. His passion for the guitar and the songwriting started 8 years ago by listening to emblematic bluesman and various icons from the 60’s (BB king, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Ray Charles, Stevie Ray Vaughan, etc). Raphael instantly felt a strong connection with music in general and a desire to push myself into this beautiful art. He is currently playing as a guitarist, singer and songwriter in three different projects such as the 7 pieces funk machine band Mendoza and has just released an EP produced by Gil Sang (Michael Jackson, Santana). Raphael is also the lead singer and guitarist of the band Remote View: After gigging in London for 2 years, releasing a 5 tracks EP and touring the Netherlands in january 2014, we’re booking a tour across the UK for the summer 2014. Finally, Raphael Luther is my solo acoustic project best described as ” a fusion of Blues/ Soul / Pop music such as Jimi Hendrix, John Mayer or Jeff Buckley. Raphael vocal and guitar playing bring to this groovy – mellow songwriting a strong identity and a unique sound”.
- acoustic fingerstyle…Travis style, classical technique, general fingerpicking, acoustic blues, open tunings
- rock…classic rock lead soloing styles, rock chording and funk rhythm guitar styles
- blues…electric lead, rhythm, slide, open tunings, blues fingerpicking, and acoustic blues
- jazz…improvisation, chord-melody, standards, comping
- shred…legato, sweep picking, tapping, speed-picking, fast arpeggios, progressive fusion, and more
- country soloing…Nashville-style twang, chickin’-pickin’, pedal steel effects, hybrid picking techniques
- classical guitar…traditional classical repertoire
- folk guitar…songs, strumming, fingerpicking, instrumentals
- gypsy jazz…in the style of Django Reinhardt
- bluegrass… improvisation, flatpicking fiddle tunes
- general skills and playing songs…learn to play and sing any songs